Place your aquarium sheltered from direct sunlight.
Consider how you want it to look.
Find ideas for great aquariums on www.tropica.com under Inspiration.
- First, place all decoration material (such as stones or roots), if you intend to use it.
Then spread out a 1 cm thick layer of substrate where your plants should go and cover it with at least 4 cm of gravel.
- Carefully pour water into the aquarium, and wet the bottom layer. Use a plate or sift to slow down the water jet,
in order to avoid making a mess of the bottom layer.
- Prepare the plants: Remove plastic pot and stone wool. Shorten the roots and divide into smaller plants, suitable for groups of plants.
Use tweezers for easy planting.
- Remember to spray with water every now and then, to keep the plants moist at all times.
- Drying may harm the leaves.
- Carefully fill the aquarium with water. Make sure that the water jet does not hit plants or the bottom layer directly.
- The water may look a bit cloudy for a few days. Don’t worry – it will get better.
- Install a timer watch to turn off after 6 hours of light every day for the first three weeks.
- Then increase gradually to max. 8 hours of light every day. Too much light may result in problems with algae growth.
Remember, maximum 8 hours of light per day.
- Download Tropica’s App. It will remind you to change water, add fertiliser, and ensure that you get well through
the first three months with aquarium.
- After 90 days, the aquarium will have grown to: